11:00AM: Board Meeting
12:00PM: Lunch & Social time
12:30PM: Members Meeting
1:30PM: Treibball Try-Its
Location: Canine New England
21 Industrial Road, South Walpole, MA 02071
What IS Treibball?
Treibball (pronounced Tribe-ball), originated in Germany a little over 10 years ago, and means “push ball”. Treibball is a low-cost, low-impact sport, any dog and handler can play. If your dog has a nose or a shoulder, he can play Treibball! The game is simple to play and train, and only requires a few fitness balls, some treats and a love of working with your dog. Your dog learns to target the balls, and then goes out into a playing field and pushes balls to you, with direction and control. The game is timed, with only one dog and handler team on the field, so mildly reactive dogs can participate too.
- For our Try It session, each participating team should bring the following
- A hungry dog or food motivated; no age limitation
- Flat buckle collar or harness
- If your dog is easily distracted, please bring a long line to manage them during training
- Clicker & treats works well for this training session
- A yoga mat, if you have one, we have several at the facility for use as well
Depending upon the number of dog/handlers, we would work with groups to accomplish “pushing” as a behavior, working distance and introducing the exercise ball.